Echo in Australia At Last
What is the Amazon Echo Australia and what can we use to for , how and what does it do to benefit me and my family ?
This is the question asked every day on our website , and asked about all of the Echo Devices that we have available What is it and what can it do! Here are some answers with regard to the Amazon Echo 2nd Generation
Amazon Echo the original basic model has been improved and now is sold as the second generation of Amazon Echo Australia. It is as has been stated quite frequently one of the four echo devices by Amazon , it is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to comply with any request that you and your family make of it.
What other device can answer question such as –
- Alexa What is the surf like today at cottesloe
- Alexa What is the traffic like out there now
- Alexa Order me a pizza form Dominoes
- Alexa what is the weather like tomorrow
- Alexa send a text message to Bob –
- Alexa Call me an Uber
These are some of the questions that can be asked daily hour by hour – here are some important ones
- Alexa – call my mother
- Alexa – Call the emergency Doctor for me
- Alexa – Call police and ambulance
- Alexa – Turn on the house lights
- Alexa – Set of the house alarms
Once you have programmed the Echo Device and you have the systems in place life for the young and the elderly can be safer and lets face it with the problems and crime we have we need safety even in our Home
Amazon Echo Australia – The Second Generation
What will it do
- It will play music, from more than one device
- it will control compatible smart home devices,
- It will provide information when questioned
- It can even read the news back to you throughout the day
- It will even set alarms, whether they be for cooking or for waking you up in the morning
- It can read to you out loud from various audiobooks from Audible.
- It can connect to speakers throughout your home
- It can connect to your headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music Unlimited, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn.
- It can when set up Play music simultaneously across multiple Echo devices and speakers when connected via cable with multi-room music.
- It will at your request call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App.
- It will also connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- Within your home or office it can controls lights, switches and smartplugs where you have compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, LIFX, TP-Link, D-Link, Logitech Harmony and many others.
- It is so sensitive that it can hear you from across the room with its seven inbuilt microphones for far-field hands-free voice control, even while playing music.
- It can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, or as an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled device.
- As stated on the main site the Amazon Echo Australia is always getting smarter – The software “Alexa” updates through the cloud automatically.
- It could and can when set up act as am emergency device for the elderly at home , connecting them to friends, family or even call emergency services. As long as you can speak and make the request the Amazon Echo Dot can help you.
- It is as simple as asking Alexa to control compatible smart devices, request an Uber, book a restaurant with Dimmi, find a recipe with Taste all of this with the Echo and much much more.
Comparison Between the Four Echo Devices from Amazon
Technical Information on the Amazon Echo
|Size||148 x 88 x 88 mm|
Actual size and weight may vary by configuration and manufacturing process
|Wi-Fi Connectivity||Wi-Fi required. Dual-band Wi-Fi supports 802.11 a/b/g/n. Does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.|
|Bluetooth Connectivity||Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support for audio streaming from your mobile device to Echo or from Echo to your Bluetooth speaker. Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) for voice control of connected mobile devices. Hands-free voice control is not supported for Mac OS X devices. Bluetooth speakers requiring PIN codes are not supported.|
|Audio||2.5” woofer and 0.6” tweeter|
|System Requirements||The Alexa App is compatible with Fire OS, Android and iOS devices and also accessible via your desktop browser. Certain skills and services are subject to change, may not be available in all areas and may require separate subscriptions or other fees.|
|Warranty and Service||Amazon Echo is sold with a limited warranty of one year provided by the manufacturer. This Limited Warranty does not restrict or alter any non-excludable statutory consumer protections or rights you may have, including under the Australian Consumer Law. Use of Echo is subject to the terms found here.|
|Included in the Box||Amazon Echo, Echo Shell, power adaptor/cable (1.8 m), Things to Try card and Quick Start Guide.|